Who would have thought that chia seeds could make such a tasty dessert?! There are so many ways to incorporate chia seeds into your diet but this is by far one of my favorites. Chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids which help to reduce inflammation and the risk of developing chronic diseases including diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, and arthritis. They are also a great source of protein and fiber as well as rich in antioxidants. This recipe is a quick and easy dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and let sit until chia seeds begin to gel and are distributed evenly throughout the mixture
- Pour into serving dishes and chill overnight
- Top with fresh berries, almonds, or granola and enjoy!