Makes 2 sandwiches
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup avocado, cubed
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 cup sprouts
- 4 slices chicken breast
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- First off is the yogurt spread, combine Greek yogurt with fresh chives, season with pepper and set aside
- To make the cucumber salad, dice cucumber, tomato, and avocado and combine in a medium mixing bowl
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro
- Now its time to assemble the sandwiches, on 2 slices of bread, place a generous layer of the yogurt spread and top with sprouts and chicken breast
- On the remaining slices of bread, distribute cucumber salad
- Press two halves of the sandwich together, slice in half and enjoy!
- You can also make this vegetarian by simply leaving out the chicken breast. It will still be delicious!
- The acidity in the lime juice of the cucumber salad will prevent your avocado from turning brown overnight so it can be stored in the refrigerator for around 2 days
- I have also tried toasting the bread before assembling and it gave the sandwich a nice added crunch!
- Nonfat Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and is also low in calories. Try it as a substitute for mayonaise, sour cream, and cream cheese
Serving Size: 1 sandwich (415g), Calories: 377, Calories from fat: 116, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium 660mg, Total Carbohydrate: 40g, Dietary Fiber: 11g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 23g, Vitamin A: 25%, Vitamin C: 47%, Calcium: 16%, Iron: 16%, Vitamin D: 0%, Folate: 30%