This is a little spin off of traditional butternut squash soup. It gives it a little extra flavor and a little more interest. It’s perfect for a cold weather dinner!
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large butternut squash, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in canola oil for 3-5 minutes over medium high heat
- Add in carrots and celery and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes
- Add squash, vegetable broth, and rosemary and bring to a boil
- Reduce soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until squash is soft
- Puree soup using immersion blender, food processor, or standing blender until smooth
- Add in milk and season with pepper to taste
Hi Alex, Your mom sent me your website. We founded CMP with her and now we live in Panama. I will try this delicious looking soup out tomorrow – thanks for the recipe. Good luck with your dual Master’s degree. Wish you all the best.
Thank you! Let me know how it turns out!